Rooibos hails from the lands of South Africa. They are characterised by their broom like structures. They belong to the Fabaceae family of plants. The family is also known as the Leguminosae, which are colloquially termed as the legume, pea or bean family.
They are also famous by the name Red tea.
Nutritional value of Rooibos tea.
Rooibos tea has a high nutritional value. It is rich in a number of minerals, some of which are iron, calcium, potassium, copper, manganese, zinc, magnesium and alpha hydroxyl acid. It contains a good amount of antioxidants in it. Some of the antioxidants stored in Rooibos tea are: aspalathin, nothofagin and some phenolic compounds.
Health benefits of Rooibos tea.
The high nutritional content of rooibos tea makes it one of the best health beverages. The following are the reasons why it should necessarily replace your regular beverage habits.
- Polyphenols: Polyphenols are organic chemicals that are rich in antioxidants. Besides, they possess anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antimutagenic qualities. The health benefits due to these properties are:
- They remove free radicals from our entire body.
- They detoxify our body.
- They aid to better metabolism.
- Prevents various forms of cancers.
- They are amazing for the cardiovascular system.
- They keep our hearth healthy.
- They work wonders on our immune system.
- Provides us with energy.
- Caffeine: Rooibos tea is devoid of caffeine. The health benefits due to this property are:
- Helps us sleep better if consumed before going to bed. It is highly recommended for patients suffering from insomnia.
- Recovers our moods and manages the stress levels.
- Helps in relaxation of the brain.
- Is great for our nervous system.
- They are amazing for our heart health.
- Treats hypertension: Rooibos tea is excellent for our nervous system. They cure us of hypertension and nervous tension conditions. This consumption of this tea reduces stress levels and relaxes our brain cells. Rooibos tea has properties due to which they act as a bronchodilator. Due to this they are good for our respiratory system as well, in turn helping in solving out issues to high blood pressure. It soothes our entire system.
- We get healthy bones and stronger teeth: Due to presence of essential minerals like calcium, manganese and fluoride minerals, rooibos tea is very good for maintenance of our bone health. They make the bones our teeth stay in their proper structure and give us stronger teeth. They reduce the chances of getting diseases like arthritis and osteoporosis. Manganese helps in building new bones and repairs the older ones.
- Best of heart heath: Owing to the presence of Quercetin, which is a very powerful antioxidant, rooibos tea protects our heart from a variety of harmful conditions. It contains anti-inflammatory properties due to which it come our blood pressure at the proper level. This tea also maintains the overall health of our heart.
Other benefits of rooibos tea include:
- Good for infant health.
- Cures diabetes.
- Wonderful for skin
Rooibos tea also helps in weight loss.
There are lots of other benefits of consuming tea daily. So, make this a daily habit soon!